At Hip2Toe we can assess you for therapeutic low level laser therapy. This allows us to deliver a therapy that has benefits that include:
- It can reduce inflammation in the tissues being treated.
- The laser therapy promotes healing in damaged tissues, including promoting nerve regeneration, increased cartilage and collagen production.
- It is the only therapy that produces Adenosine triphosphate (ATP). The laser allows hemoglobin oxidase to produce more oxygen for the mitochondria to allow more production of ATP. This leads to better healing and assists in pain reduction and reduction of acute inflammation.
- It can be used across a wide portfolio of podiatric conditions affecting the feet, ankles, knees, hips, legs, back, shoulders, neck, and arms/hands.
- Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid arthritis joint pain.
- Plantar fascia tears and plantar fasciitis.
- Muscle, tendon and ligament injuries.
- Peripheral neuropathic pain.
- Pain management pos-operatively. (i.e. Knee, ankle, bunion, hip surgery).
- Scar tissue treatment post-surgery.
- Ankle pain.
- Shin splint pain.
- Myofascial trigger point pain.
The number of treatments provided for different conditions will be discussed during your appointment.
Low level laser is safe, painless, gentle, with no known long-term side effects. This is a good alternative to pain relief through medicines. Low level laser therapy uses light emitting diodes and small lasers, only requiring specially prepared hygienic glasses to be worn for eye safety.