At Hip2Toe we have a zero tolerance of uncomfortable orthotics. Your trust in us to create a new biomechanical position to walk in is based on 22 years of experience prescribing orthotics. Each and every prescription is written for your foot only, designed in a totally custom fashion, using world class 3D laser scanning, and the best University level biomechanics and Patho mechanics to back up your orthotic treatment program. The relationship between bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons is crucial, for an orthotic device that will alter each and every one of your one million plus steps per year. Our selection of only the best quality polymers to construct your orthotic, ensure your ongoing comfort. Our Laboratory digitally manufactures world class orthotics, that all of Australia’s private health funds recognise as evidence based podiatric medical orthotics, that attract a yearly rebate due to their crucial importance in Podiatric medicine. We can literally design orthotics to fit in most styles of closed in shoes, including:
- Court shoes and closed in sketch type shoes.
- Higher heel shoes with backs in them.
- Children’s shoes, including sports shoes, sandals and school shoes.
- Orthotic sandal shoes with removable insoles to fit the orthotic in.
- Running shoes and sports shoes, including soccer, tennis, rugby, Netball, Baseball, hiking, cricket, Hockey boots and shoes, etc.
- Men’s business shoes.
- Duty shoes for Nurses, Chefs, waiters, medical staff, Fireman, miners, and trade professionals.
Prescription foot orthotics can make a big difference in your daily comfort levels, and can actually result in a reduction of many deformities taking place in the feet over the years. Please feel free to make an appointment to come in and have an orthotic assessment done. During this appointment we will take a full medical, medicines and sport history from you, and carry out any necessary Vascular, neurological, dermatological and biomechanical examination required. You will then be given options for orthotic therapy, if the appointment deems them as being clinically relevant and the best intervention for you. Prescription orthotics require a 3D laser scan, which gathers hundreds and thousands of vital pieces of information in 2.4 seconds, to create a 3 dimensional model of your foot to accompany your prescription to our Laboratory. Orthotics normally take 7 business days to make, but a shorter 3 day return can be arranged for a small fee. Please ring us today and see what we base our reputation on, intimate and personal podiatric medicine management, on a first name basis.
Examples of our orthotic patient areas of expertise include:
- Podopaediatrics, being little feet from 12 months old to teenagers.
- Sports orthotics, for treating sports injuries and preventing sports injuries.
- Arthritis treatment orthotics for managing Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Gout and other arthropathies.
- Diabetes orthotics, for maintaining structural considerations in the presence of Diabetes.
- Orthotics for senior members of the community, to help prevent falls.
- Occupational podiatric medicine for improving work place performance and safety.
- Orthotics for general wear for preventing fatigue and deformity in the feet.