We often notice pain while we are working, which makes it more difficult to be happy and love our work. Good quality locomotion is crucial. Pain can be felt in standing jobs as well as sitting jobs. Careful examination is necessary to carry out diagnosis, in order to form a treatment program for areas including foot, ankle, shin, knee, hip, shoulder or neck pain. Pain in the arms and hands can be equally problematic, and often related to what is happening in the lower body. Our treatment assessment includes looking at your profession and its physical and mental demands, and formulating a management plan including but not limited to, the following treatments:
- Musculoskeletal mobilization and correction for all the above regions, including pelvic assessment that may even be affecting your sitting or sleeping comfort levels.
- Assessment of the influence of past workplace and non-workplace injuries, which may be affecting your workplace performance.
- We can assess you for prescription foot orthotics, formulated from computer generated cad cam design, with full biomechanical examinations carried out with the 3D laser scanning onsite. Rush orthotics can be made in 2-3 business days.
- Dry needling techniques for all body regions affecting human locomotion.
- Therapeutic low-level laser treatments for pain and rehabilitation.
- Stretching and strengthening programs for your management program.
It is important to maintain low pain levels for your workplace safety, as distraction by pain may increase stress levels and decrease strength and concentration levels. This makes it important to prevent pain from becoming chronic, which takes place after a 3-month period.
It is equally important for our work to remain sustainable for our long-term goals, and to keep you safe and focused in your workplace. I am Dr. Jeremy Hawke (Podiatrist) and thank you for joining us at the Hip2Toe chair side discussions. Have a good day!